Whether it is because you cannot afford the fancy gym, whether in your home or the gym membership, time, or just not comfortable with going to a gym you can still exercise.
Here are some at home exercise tips that you can do everyday.
- Walking: You can always walk if the weather is nice. We've talked about taking the dog out for a walk or walking with a friend or spouse. If the weather isn't nice enough to go outside when you are walking around the house walk inside. Stand in place and walk bringing your knees up.
- Jogging in place: If walking in place doesn't do it for you...try jogging. Turn on the news, sports, music or whatever you like and jog at home.
- Walking and jogging to boring? Turn up the music and DANCE. Dance like no one is watching. Shake it and dance like you did when you were a kid.
- Jumping Jacks: We loved these as a kid so why stop now. This is great cardio exercise, gets the blood pumping and it will bring back memories.
- Lunges: Long strides in the living room is a great way to shape up your lower body.
- Squats: Turn the music up and squat yourself to a healthier you!!
- Crunches: I prefer crunches vs. full sit ups because crunches are easier on your back.
- Push ups: Whether you are a beginner, moderate or more advanced push ups are a great exercise for your upper body.
- Step ups are a great way to build leg strength.
- Stair climbing: If you are fortunate enough to have stairs at home...climb, climb, climb! Start with walking and work your way up to jogging.
Now you have it. Simple exercises that you can do in the privacy of your own home without spending money on costly equipment.
Find what you like to do....and JUST DO IT! (Thanks again Nike for this)
Anyone have any other at home exercises you would like to share?
Please check with your doctor before starting any exercise program.