Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Vitamin B12 Shots



I did it.  I posted on facebook last Friday about taking my vitamin B12 shot so it's been a few days:

Anyone who knows me is saying, "Man, Rhonda got a shot that is going to give her more energy.....watch out world."  I have to admit, when I first did this I was worried about "bouncing" off the walls more that I already do.  Let's face it, energy is not really what I lack. 

I want to begin by telling you....I hate shots.  I think I've said this before haven't I?  This one, wasn't anything like I thought it would be.  Hating shots I thought it would be terrible, but, honestly it isn't bad. 

So, I get past the shot.  Alright, waiting for the "bouncing off the walls" and really started to feel sorry for my husband.  I have to say.....it feels "different."  Yesterday I was asked how I felt after my first shot (okay I really need to start calling this an injection because it is nothing like the "shot" I am so used to).  My response.....different. 

Different how?
My energy level is solid.  I don't have "more" energy but I have a steady feeling of "feeling good."  I don't feel like I need a nap at 2:00 PM. 

Another thing, and again let's face it I am a crazy person and go and go and go....and normally I am needing to go to bed around 9:00 PM.  Now, I will be up doing things and realize it's after 10 PM and I'm not "going to drop."

I sleep like a baby.  I have never had problem sleeping, an earthquake couldn't wake me up.  This sleep is different...when I wake I feel rested.  The best way to describe it is I smooth through the night.  I don't sleep "hard,"  I sleep well....and "well" really isn't a good word to describe it but it is a great nights' sleep.

It's been five days...going for my second round Friday.  It's hard to describe but I feel a more "even" feeling throughout the day.  I don't stop and say, I need a nap, I need a break or I'm done for the day. 

I want to also add that I recently "fractured multiple ribs" and although the B12 doesn't help with the pain it sure has made the pain easier to live with.

Stay tuned for more on my journey!