The answer may have scared you....because when we think of obese we think of 100 pounds overweight. If you fall into the category, or if you are close, this information is essential to you.
According to LSIA Medical Laboratory there are 20 diseases or condition that can be attributed to obesity.
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Enlarged Heart
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- Gastro esophageal Reflux Disease
- Fatty Liver Disease
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Urinary Incontinence
- Chronic Renal Failure
- Lymph edema
- Pickwickian Syndrome
- Gallbladder Disease
To learn about each of these disease please click the link of LSIA Medical Laboratory.
The U.S. Surgeon General warns about premature deaths caused by obesity.
- Estimated 300,000 deaths PER YEAR is caused by obesity and obesity related diseases.
- The risk of death increases as weight increases.
- If you are between the age of 30-64 even 10-20 pounds overweight increases your risk of death.
- If your BMI is 30> you increase your risk of premature death by 50-100%.
We have tended to live to eat instead of eat to live. We have over indulged ourselves to early deaths. It's never too late to take control of your life!
If you need help with this contact Premier Back Rehabilitation Center, PC as they are trained to help you with this.